True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posts from 10/6/09 to 11/12/09

10/6/09:  An actual conversation, with an adult customer. -You have late fees. -What are late fees? -You returned your movies late. -It costs money if I return something late? -Yes. -Since when did you start doing that? -Since forever.

10/10/09:  Thank you for digging through your wallet to show me your "retired police officer ID", even though your driver's license was right on top, when I asked for a picture ID. I'm sooo impressed. Next time I get pulled over I'm going to flash my library card and see if that gets me out of a ticket.

10/27/09:  Day-old muffins in the break room. If you can make it through the cruncy top they're actually pretty good.

10/29/09:  Someday I hope to be important enough that I have to send an "Out of the office" email to everyone when I leave for one day.

10/30/09:  We're wearing halloween costumes! I'm Dr. Lyle Brarian.

10/31/09:  If I'm busy, don't reach over the counter and place something on the desk. Place it on the counter. That's why it's there.

11/9/09:  Caramel apple candy corn in the breakroom. Taste surprisingly just like caramel apples, but have the texture of candy corn.

11/12/09:  No, astrology is NOT the same as astronomy. Astrology is to science as Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese is to Italian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment