True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posts from 2/13/10 to 2/25/10

2/13/10:  Awesome donation of the day: A VHS of New Kids on the Block.


2/13/10:  An older customer is challenging a late fee that he has. He eventually says, "I can't challenge the computer, that's an Obama no-no." What? That doesn't even make sense.

2/16/10:  Old white lady: "Why are there so many people here using computers, don't they have one at home?" No. I know it's hard to believe, but some people can't afford a computer and/or Internet service. She'd probably shit herself if she knew that the property taxes on her vacation home keep this soup kitchen open.

2/16/10:  Awesome donation of the day: The holy trinity of Steven Seagal's movies, on VHS.




2/18/10:  Fun find of the day: Red Dairy Queen spoon 
in the stacks.



2/22/10:  "I'm having trouble getting on your wireless network. I'm so frustrated I'm ready to throw my computer in the trash can." Well if you're using a PC I can definitely help you with that. Not the connecting to the wireless network part, the part about throwing your crap computer in the trash.

2/23/10:  Empty CD cases hidden in display books. 
Great, thanks. Really though, who steals a Kid Rock CD???





2/23/10:  "I thought that you didn't have to renew paperbacks and there are no late fees on paperbacks?" Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know today was make-up-your-own-rules-day.

2/24/10:  This is what happens at the reference desk when there are no reference questions asked.


2/25/10:  Do Cher and Sarah Jessica Parker know you
 used their likenesses for this book cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment