True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posts from 12/4/09 to 12/28/09

12/4/09:  Jeans and Charlotte's Web t-shirts. That's how we do!

12/4/09:  When patrons are less than polite during checkout I'm tempted to tell them how their book ends.

12/7/09:  A guide dog barfed on the carpet.

12/8/09:  Today at the library conference - I'm having a great time watching the lady in front of me do the falling asleep\waking up head-nod.

12/11/09:  Took a woman's keys and ID as collateral for checking out a laptop. On the keyring: a pink plastic nutsack. Stay classy, Havasu.

12/11/09:  I was working on a holiday poster, so I did a Google image search for "holly." SafeSearch was off and I ended up with pictures of Holly Madison. Eh, that'll work.

12/12/09:  It's Saturday. I'm working. You can fill in the rest.

12/16/09:  What the hell is it with old people and puzzles? We have a free puzzle exchange here, and it is like crack to them!

12/21/09:  Renewed a book called "The PETA practical guide to animal rights" to a patron wearing an Arby's Roastburger t-shirt. Mmmm, the irony could only be more delicious if it had some bacon on top, just like the new Bacon Cheddar Roastburger.

12/28/09:  Dear Snowbirds, please use proper American phone number rhythm - da da da, da da da, da da, da da. I don't know how phone numbers go in Canada, but you confused me with your da da, da da, da da, da da da da.

No comments:

Post a Comment