True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Posts from 5/6/10 to 5/26/10

5/6/10:  An older gentleman asked 3 other patrons if they wanted to "take it outside" (as in, let's have ourselves a fistfight) because they were speaking to each other while using the computers. We informed this gentleman that our patrons are, in fact, allowed to speak at a reasonable volume. The gentleman then proceeded to tell me that "the state of Arizona is fucking stupid and backwards." I  asked him to leave. He flipped me off and said "fuck you." I asked him again to leave. He then grabbed his crotch and said "fuck you."

5/7/10:  "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Dr. Phil's son?" Nope, you're the first. And I think I'd prefer to have the bird-flipping, crotch-grabbing old man verbally assault me again rather than have someone compare me to the offspring of Dr. Phil.

5/12/10:  I don't know. I have the rest of the week off.

5/17/10:  "Some disgusting person left used chewing gum over by your books for sale!" Yeah, that's poster putty. I use it when hanging up stuff for displays, and it's mostly harmless. But good job on your indignation about a little piece of gum.

5/18/10:  A dirty, wrinkled, water-stained poster is
 a great way to advertise your cleaning business.

5/20/10:   I'm all for our new policy that allows people to use their phones in the library. However, I'm really hoping that this guy's battery dies soon.

5/21/10:  If you have to use screwdrivers that don't 
have handles, you might work in a poor library.

5/25/10:  It's a shame that the majority of our teens are well-behaved, because I kinda get a kick out of throwing out the jerks.

5/25/10:  Awesome book order of the day - Big Hair and Plastic Grass: A Funky Ride Through Baseball and America in the Swinging '70s. It talks about Dock Ellis throwing a no-hitter in 1970 while on LSD, the "Disco Demolition" night in 1979, and all of the outrageous stuff that happened in between. (Garishly-colored polyester uniforms, orange baseballs, experimenting with a 3-ball walk, etc.)

5/26/10:  Accepted activities to log time for our Summer Reading Program: reading books, magazines, newspapers, reading things online, listening to audiobooks, having someone read to you, watching movies, watching TV. Seriously, watching movies and television counts for our Summer READING Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment