True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posts from 2/26/10 to 3/9/10

2/26/10:  Dear book sale customers, please only take books from the designated book sale area. DO NOT load up your bags with books from our stacks. Those are NOT for sale. Thanks, library staff.

2/26/10:  When attempting to weasel your way out of late fees by claiming that you never checked an item out, it really doesn't help your case when someone hands in the car keys you just lost. Your credibility just went out the window. Now pay your 40 cents.

3/2/10:  A moral dilemma: A person looks right past a sign that says "FREE FAXING" to ask me how much faxing costs. I have no qualms about not telling him it's free. My dilemma is deciding on a (somewhat) reasonable rate to charge him.

3/2/10:  I'm sorry, it's hard for me to gauge if I can help you, because I'm having trouble hearing your question over the noise of your child asking me repeatedly, "Do you got candy? Do you got candy? DO YOU GOT CANDY?!?!"

3/5/10:  You didn't put in a full day of work unless
you got some Sharpie on you.



3/9/10:  I was calling patrons to let them know their holds were available. Patron: "Oh, I'm actually in the library right now!" Awesome, thanks for answering your phone in the library. Any other library rules you are breaking that you want to tell me about?

3/9/10:  Patron: "I want to use a computer but I don't have my library card." Me (noticing that the patron had only 1 key and her library card on her keyring): "What's that on your keyring?" Patron: "Oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment