True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Posts from 8/17/09 to 10/2/09

8/17/09:  "I need me a book about telekinesis. After what I seen, there's gotta be an explanation." Well, judging by your grammar and tooth decay, I'd say the culprit was meth.

8/18/09:  You can tell it's not snowbird season because all of the James Patterson novels are on the shelves.

8/29/09:  Phone call, I answer. Me - "Library, can I help you?" Caller - "Are you open today?" Me - (In my head: Nope, I'm sitting here in the library on my day off with all of the lights off cause I love books THAT much.) "Yes, from 9-5."

9/1/09:  This cartoon from Unshelved.com pretty much sums it up.

9/2/09:  The "white out" that I grabbed from the supply closet turned out to be "yellow out."

9/15/09:  A guy turned in a lost wallet containing $300 cash and restored my faith in humanity.

9/17/09:  I don't care if it's a service animal, keep your dog off the counter.

9/18/09:  Candy Corn Dots in the breakroom. I'm not a fan of Candy Corn, but I'm curious as to how Candy Corn Dots will taste. Anyone tried them?

9/30/09:  Non-attractive person: "Do you have this book?" Me: "Yeah, here's the call number." Attractive person: "Do you have this book?" Me: "Yes, let me show you where it is."

10/2/09:  I know that you're really excited that I'm putting out more DVDs, but could you wait like 2 minutes and give me a little space? I don't want you dripping drool on my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment