True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posts from 1/14/10 to 1/27/10

1/14/10:  "Excuse me, your machine ain't taking mah money." Yeah, it probably has someting to do with your $5 bill looking like it has been wadded up in your pocket for 3 weeks, you slob.

1/14/10:  When I ask you, "How may I help you?" at a normal speaking volume, why do you respond in a whisper? It's not like my nametage grants only me this privilege, you can do it too.

1/14/10:  Here's some particularly delicious irony: The Medical Reserve Corp is breaking the law by having twice as many people as allowed by fire code in one of our meeting rooms.

1/19/10:  Awesome old guy: "Due February 9th? That's not gonna interfere with Valentine's Day, is it? I might have a hot date! *wink*"

1/20/10:  I work for the COUNTY, not for the state. So stop getting pissed at me for the fact that the state is broke and is not providing any state tax forms. Either file online or pay the 15 effing cents per page to print what you need.

1/20/10:  I was sorting through the donations and an earplug fell out of a paperback. I think I'm going to start a collection of weird things found in the donations. Well, maybe not a collection of the actual items, cause the earplug was gross. So maybe I'll just take pictures of the items. That might be more sanitary.

1/21/10:  I had to wear board shorts due to our leaking roof. The Public Works Department decided that, due to our city's sporadic rainfall, they would just replace damaged ceiling tiles after each storm rather than actually fix the roof. Last year we had to replace our public-use fax machine because it was located beneath a leaky tile. Today we lost an $800 laserjet printer.

1/25/10:  I've never been more terrified of two words in my whole life. A woman was holding her 2 year-old son while checking out. The little boy points at me and says, "That's Daddy!"

1/26/10:  Yes, you can call the reference desk and I will print out the Cannellini Bean and Fire Roasted Tomato Soup recipe that you saw on the Sonoran Living television program, but were unable to write down in time because of your arthritis. And you're correct, you can't trust me with your "unpublished" phone number. I should just be grateful that you told me your last name, right?

1/27/10:  "Due on the 17th? Of this month?" Yes, moron. Today is the 27th and they are due on the 17th of this month. They were due 10 days ago. So you now owe $4.00 in late fees on items you just checked out. No, we don't take debit.

No comments:

Post a Comment