True accounts from libraryland. The library isn't as boring as you'd think.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posts from 2/2/10 to 2/12/10

2/2/10:  Got an interesting lecture from a woman about her credit card interest rates and how she dealt with the credit card companies by "bitching" at them to lower her rate from 23% to 19%, and did I know that credit card bills come from Nevada or Deleware because they don't have usury laws? Oh, I forgot the conspiracy theory part - Albertson's has changed the way it shows up on your credit card statement. It now shows up as "Super Savers" so your credit card company will think you are poor and lower your credit limit.

2/2/10:  "Did you see that disgusting movie recently, with Keanu Reeves? The Terminator. Where he's hooked to a computer with all of those cords? I'm afraid of that happening, that's why I don't use computers." Yeah, the crazies are here in full force today.

2/3/10:  Always amazed at how much shit people have in their wallet/purse/handbag/clutch. Receipts, pens, candy, keys, phones, checkbooks, other assorted junk...everything except their library card. Also, I like it when they lick their fingers when they flip through their cards then hand it to me.

2/4/10:  "The doctor said I can't drive anymore, but I drove here this afternoon. I didn't want to miss the Friends of the Library meeting." Well, thanks for endangering anyone who shares the road with you.

2/8/10:  "Here, I found a penny on the ground. Have you seen that movie where they kill people and then put pennies on their eyes? It's called Boondock Street Killers. It's on TV right now."

2/9/10:  Why is it so hard to find a paper clip that isn't paper-clipped to another paper clip?

2/9/10:  "Do you have 'Dear John', by any chance? It's by Nicholas Stark...Parks...SPARKS!"

2/11/10:  Ordering books is fun, especially when I find titles like "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter". Sounds like it's a humorous read, but Abe better stay away from Edward!

2/12/10:  Dusting the top shelves.

2/12/10:  A teen told me that I was the "coolest library guy, ever!" I'm the only guy that works at this library, and I'm guessing that he's never been to another library. So I'm probably the "coolest library guy, ever" by default. But I'm not gonna look this gift horse in the mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment